Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Yes, yes, yes! Two things to cheer about tonight! I just made reservations for a room in Frederick, MD. Watch out Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival - here we come!!! I was glad I hadn't waited too long to get a room nearby. For those of you who aren't spinners, this is a wonderful treat for knitters, too. Even though I have never been to this particular festival, from going to the one in Virginia last fall, I found out fiber festivals are heavenly for just shopping for yarn, knitting books, needles, etc! It is just like going to a big mall where all the stores sell nothing but yarn and fiber, etc. And you get to see yarns you would never dream of and that you don't see in yarn stores. Gorgeous hand dyed and hand spun yarns! Yum - I am getting excited just writing about it! This year will be knitting classes given by Anna Zilboorg, if anyone is interested.

The second thing I have to cheer about is that I finally thought up what my next knitting project is going to be. I am going to do a top down, cabled front raglan cardigan. This should be fun - I have never done a top down garment, have never done raglan sleeves, and the only cables I have ever done, were the ones required for the swatches in the Level 1 Master Knitter Course. I am going to use dark heathered purple and green handspun yarns for this project. I have already started on the neckband. I'm glad to be out of my slump, you see.