Monday, March 15, 2004

After finally settling on doing the top down, raglan sleeved cardigan, I find that ideas are now returning to my feverish brain. First of all, I decided how to handle the huge batt of pink, green, red, blue layered wool, silk and bunny blend fiber I got last fall. First I peeled the layers apart by color, then pulled off smaller rectangles of each color. I ran some of them through the drum carder to produce some lovely smaller batts to spin. I am combining the green and blue in one batt and the pink and red in the other. Each will be spun as singles, and then I will ply them together. I figure this method will keep the colors from getting muddy. All of the colors are so vibrant in this fiber, I don't want to mess it up. I also finally decided that the lovely easter egg colors skein of wool/mohair 50-50 yarn I won is going to be another pair of felted slipper socks. This time, I will use size 11 needles to knit them up, as I want them to cover a little more ankle than the green ones I made.