Thursday, March 18, 2004

I am back after a short jaunt up the coast to Charleston. The weather was absolutely wonderful - not too cool, not too hot. We didn't do much of anything but browse a few antique shops, but it was just a time for my husband, son and me to be together without any set agendas, projects, etc. I did get a chance to check out the knitting shop in Mt. Pleasant, Nifty Needleworks. She had an assortment of mostly basic yarns and only one brand of knitting needles. The shop's main focus seemed to be needlepoint. However, it looked like a really new shop, and I am assuming she will add inventory as time goes on. I only bought a couple of sets of DPNS. I didn't see any yarn that I just HAD to have.

In one of the antique stores, I saw an item I had never seen before. It was a geiger counter. I am not sure what I expected it to look like, but it was much smaller than what I would have expected. I am not sure how much they were asking for it, as the tag was blurry, but I think it was $500+. There was also a wooden ladder that was advertised to have been used last year in the movie "Notebook." Has anyone ever heard of this movie? None of us had.