Sunday, March 07, 2004

This is really starting to get ridiculous. I am still floundering over my next knitting project. After knitting non-stop (well practically, anyway) for 2 1/2 years, I have finally come up for air, but still cannot make up my mind what to do next. This is a totally new problem for me. I do have one project I really want to do, but I do not have the yarn spun for it yet. After spending the cold day in St. Augustine, I have decided I need a pair of fingerless mitts. But I want them to be out of fingering weight yarn and to be very dainty and elegant. What to knit while I am getting the yarn ready?? I honestly don't know. I suppose I should be making some spring/summer knits. What kind of nice cotton blends are out there? I do not want pure cotton, since it stretches out of shape so badly.

I starting weaving a little bag, using a book as a loom while I was at Elayne's. I finished it last night. It is sort of cute, but reinforces my attitude that I do NOT want to take up weaving. Even that small project seemed like work to me.