Friday, January 09, 2004

We are going to Atlanta for the weekend to visit my dad, so posting will be sketchy, maybe even non-existent for the next couple of days. They have a computer, but it is very slow, and I may not have much opportunity to use it.

I finished spinning my yellow merino. It will be paired with my space dyed pink and yellow merino to make mittens - preferably a slip stitch mosaic pattern. Does anyone know of any good s.s. mosaic patterns for mittens? Most likely, I will have to just wing it. But, back to the subject. After finishing the merino, I decided to play with some brown alpaca I got at the Montpelier Fall Fiber Festival. First, I thought it needed to be carded, and I ran it through the drum carder. Big mistake! The fiber stuck to everything, including the lickerin(sp???) - intake - drum. It made a fairly decent batt, so I spun some of it using my largest ratio and very little intake tension. It spun up like a dream, and so soft.

I will take my socks (below) and the scarf I am working on for my friend on the road. I hope to finish the scarf and start on her hat.

Catch all of you later!