Thursday, January 29, 2004

Ooof, this seems like it has been the longest week. I am glad to be finished traveling for a bit. On Monday, when I went to Augusta, they had an "ice storm." Well, at least that is what they called it. Actually, it was raining and ice formed on the trees, but not on the road. We passed several areas where trees had broken or fallen and taken down electric lines with them. It was kind of funny to watch how silly everyone acted - they closed businesses early, schools, etc., but there wasn't a hint of hazardous roads around to be seen. I can understand if the power was out, which it was in some places, but businesses with power still closed up early. I can only wonder what they would have done had it been a real ice storm or snow storm.

I got a new knitting book - Knit One, Felt Too. It has several interesting projects I want to try: felted slipper socks, the "lunch bag" tote and the slip on slippers.

I started on the Faroese shawl from the icelandic wool last night. The pattern is fairly simple and will work up quickly, I do believe.