Monday, January 05, 2004

The Opal Socks are now finished and on my feet. My next sock project is the Sock Challenge 2004 and is already on the needles. I am doing the Chequerboard Socks from Lucy Neatby's book. This pattern has several new techniques for me to try. I have never done a toe up sock before. Also, this particular type of short rowed toe is a new technique also (and I might add, it is a very nifty one - no grafting needed!) Also, even though I have done some fairisle (or dabbled in it), I have never tried to do it on size one needles. That is an experience! I am using grey Regia sock yarn and pinkorangegoldmaroon Regia Ringel. When I first started out, it was only gold and maroon, and it looked like I was making some Harry Potter socks. But, now that the brighter colors have kicked in, the sock has a whole different flavor.