Saturday, November 01, 2003

Second Shoe Syndrome. I guess there will not be clogs in Christmas stockings this year. I have completed clog #1 and am already dreading doing clog #2. Which is kind of odd, since I have knitted dozens of pairs of socks without ever getting second sock syndrome. I think attaching the extra sole to the clogs about did me in. First, I did it wrong and attached it to the opening your foot is supposed to slide through. Then I had to frog, and ended up with a whole needle full of stitches that were on the needle backwards. And to top it off, the needles I were using had too short of a cable, and I had to scrunch all that bulk up into a small space.
But, I do want a pair a clogs very badly, so will suffer through the process at least once more with a little more wisdom.

Pictures of the Great Carding Experiment follow.

Here are what the skeins look like and here is a photo of a knitted swatch.