Sunday, November 16, 2003

Today I have been thinking about favorites, so here's a list of some of my favorite knitting things:

Favorite Knitting Stitch Pattern Book: Reader's Digest Encylopedia of Knitting and Crocheting Stitches - Don't laugh! I love the slick pages, the various patterns knitted in different types and colors of yarns, the comments about skill level and drape. I also love that it has all different types of stitches, such as cables, lace, fairisle - almost any type you can think of

Favorite Sock Book: Twisted Sisters Sock Workbook. Ah, the visual delight, the dyeing and spinning discussions, the mouthwatering socks.

Favorite All Around Knitting Book(s) for Basic Techniques: The Knit Stitch and The Purl Stitch by Sally Melville. It's not the patterns so much as all of the helpful information and pictures that impress me.

Favorite Finishing Technique Book: Simply Perfect by my close friend and "knitting sis" Elayne. In my book, she's the Knitting Guru!

Favorite Book of Patterns: Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns. I have about worn that one out!

And yes, I have many other wonderful books, but these are the ones I most often reach for.

Favorite Straight Knitting Needles: Swallow Casein Needles

Favorite Circular and Interchangeable Needles: Denise Interchangeable Needles

Favorite DPNs: Pony Pearls

I find I like the plastic or casein type needles much better than metal ones. They are easier on the hands and I have much better control with these. I am too hard on needles to even think about using bamboo ones.

Favorite Yarns: Almost any and all!!