Friday, November 14, 2003

There is a little nip in the air tonight. How comforting to come into a cozy warm house after a long week of work, including about 755 miles of driving. I am ready to tuck into some serious spinning and knitting!

I finished a skein of the turquoise, burgundy, red orange, mauve yarn. Very reminiscent of a brilliant autumn. I promise to get a picture up sometime this weekend along with my current sock project (also autumn colors in Cherry Tree Hill superwash merino). The sock looks a little strange, as I am playing with making a narrower heel. Socks always seem to sag and bunch (not sure how they can do both things at once, but they do) around my ankle area. I think this is going to be the solution, as sock number one seems to fit really well - but it does make a sort of odd looking creature.

I am looking forward to the holidays, as my sweet son will be coming home for a longish bit. His Thanksgiving/Christmas break lasts 6 weeks. His school has a lot of international students, thus the college arranges a long break to enable said students to go home. He is always ready for this break (and of course, so are we!)