Wednesday, October 29, 2003

I finally finished the Halloween project/outfit for my son. He is going to a party and wants to be a Video Game Hero! So, I have finished knitting hat, gauntlets and a sword strap for him. The hat is already felted, and the gauntlets and sword strap will soon follow. At first, he also wanted me to knit him a tunic, but I think he finally realized that was an unrealistic request. (Imagine knitting an almost knee length tunic for a grown person, and then making it big enough to withstand the shrinkage of felting - eek!! I am glad he didn't push me on that one!) Now, I am planning on trying some clogs for myself. If they go quickly and work out well, some people may be getting clogs for Christmas!

Spinning my Alter Ego. The great carding experiment flies in the face of my very personality. I am a very structured, logical and "do-it-by-the-book" person. This spinning is wild and wooly - literally. Instead of my normal worsted draw, I am using a woolen draw that is producing thick and thin places. I am combining a dull fiber (grey) with a riot of brightly colored ones and not trying to establish a certain coordinated color scheme, although I hope the colors will blend somewhat harmoniously. The fibers I am blending are both scratchy and smooth. So, I consider that I am breaking all the rules! But inevitably, I must return to my ordered personality and use the yarn in Sally Melville's very logically planned Einstein Jacket.

Carolyn