Friday, November 28, 2003

Goody, goody, goody Can you hear me rubbing my hands together? I am going to my NSLYS (Not so local yarn shop) tomorrow!! It has been awhile since I have made the trip to this particular shop, as it is about an hour and a half away. I know I am going to buy some Noro Kureyon, and possibly some other things. For one thing, I have about worn out my #2 size Pony Pearls - they take such a beating from me what with all the socks I have knit. I generally always have a pair on the needles. The pair I am working on now are of Opal Sock yarn - faux fairisle in oranges, greens, blues and purples. I am doing a 2x2 rib for the cuff. Simple, yes, but I find that my favorite socks have the 2x2 cuff.

I spent a portion of Wednesday evening picking the excessive amounts of VM from some dyed mohair locks I bought back in the summer. My plan is to card it with some plain white merino, possibly with a shawl project in mind. The mohair is dyed in shades of mostly blues and greens, with a few accent colors thrown in for good measure. I have not tried spinning the fiber I have carded so far, so my plans for this fiber may change after I see how this works.