Friday, November 21, 2003

Tomorrow is my monthly "girl's day out", so to speak. I get up early and drive down to Jacksonville for a lively knitter's guild meeting. We are a boisterous group, a little resistant to organization, much to the chagrin of our president, who tries, tries and tries to bring a little order to the meetings. We are just too lively, too talkative and too excited to sit still for long. It is a great group of ladies, ranging in ages from the teens on up into the 70's, with most of us being somewhere in between. We were meeting at a Barnes and Nobles, until recently, when we felt we had outgrown that location, and now have a nice meeting room at one of the libraries. This affords us much more freedom to roam around and admire each other's projects. I believe that tomorrow we are supposed to have a mini lesson on Fairisle. After the meeting adjourns, the majority of us extend our fun by going out to eat lunch. Oooh, I can't wait!

And, today is wash day. I washed about 7 skeins of wool and the skein of silk, and they are now out on the porch drying. Funny how I put off this task - but it is very satisfying once it is done.