Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Last posting before the Maryland Sheep and Wool. Yes, indeed, I am leaving tomorrow morning along with my "partner in crime" Elayne. (Sorry, Elayne... but I think I probably am the one who cooks up the most trouble). Clothes are in washer and dryer, suitcase is half packed, jacket is at the ready (just in case) and knitting bag is totally packed (after all, that's the most important thing).

Bess and Jen have already posted a list of vendors and events they want to visit. Here's mine.

These, because I have never been to the Maryland Sheep and Wool, and their ads always intrigue me in Spin Off:

Susan's Fiber Shop (I want to check out the weavette looms)
The Woolery (I have seen their catalog, and it made me drool)
Golding Spindles (I think everyone already knows why I want to visit that one)
Ellen's Half Pint Farm and Wool in the Woods (because of the pictures of their yarn I have seen in various knitting magazines)
Interweave Press (because I am hoping they will have 2 of their new books - the one on Shadow Knitting and Deb Menz's one on color)

These, because I already know they have wonderful quality stuff:

Stony Mountain Fibers
The Drafting Zone
Kid Hollow Farm
Dancing Leaf Farm
Zeilinger Wool

Here's what I definitely want to buy:

A drop spindle (preferably one of the above)
Some more space-dyed silk
More wool, but I'm open to suggestions
Perhaps some more dyes

Events I want to attend

The picnic on Saturday and reunion with fiber friends
The spinning/weaving equipment auction (probably not to buy, just to watch)
The parade of sheep
The Textile Museum Exhibits

And... last but not least, I want to have a long and leisurely look at the skein and garment competition.

Oh, I can't wait.

Hey, did I mention I wanted a Golding Drop Spindle