Wednesday, April 21, 2004

10 More Days Till the Maryland Sheep and Wool!


And yes, I am doing it. I filled out all the paperwork, etc. to enter my Frosted Layer Cake Skein and the Easter Entrelac Socks. I finished up a larger skein this morning (the other was not big enough to enter), and it is outside drying right now. Did I ever have a surprise when I washed this yarn! It really, really smelled bad. Normally, I like the smell of wool, so it must have been the rabbit in this yarn that really put it over the edge. I ended up with 335 yards and took it to the post office to have it weighed. It weighs 4 ounces (I don't know who cares about this but me, but it did take out a chunk of the morning pulling this all together). The yarn is visually pleasing, but probably not prize material. I was pleased to see that it does have some shine and also has a halo. I did the blue/green singles semi-worsted and the red/pink singles woolen. It did turn out very soft. Now that I have all the aggravating stuff done, I will pop it in the mail, send it priority, and it should get there by the deadline. I just hope it doesn't get lost.

Jen had a wonderful piece on her site on what she plans to buy and what she plans to see at the festival. It has really gotten me dancing around waiting for the magical moments to happen. A week from tomorrow, we will be leaving to make the trip to Maryland. I was planning on buying one of these, but mistakenly thought they all cost under 40 bucks. Seems like only the plain one is 39 dollars, and the one I would like is in the 60's. I don't know that I want to spend that much on one item with so many temptations abounding! I am also looking forward to seeing friends Bess, Lissa, Jen, Anita and others on Saturday. Elayne and I are planning on making one of the shadow knitted hats in the most recent issue of InKnitters to occupy us on the trip up there and back. (And no, neither one of us is driving, so we are free to do as we please.)