Wednesday, June 09, 2004

I thought I would never say this, but I'm tired of traveling right now. Yes, I enjoyed my vacation trip immensely, but we turned right around and went to Augusta to work to avoid all the possible pandemonium surrounding the G8 summit. Thankfully, all is calm up to this point, and I am so glad to be home. Motels can get old after awhile, especially when you have to get up the next morning to go to work.

We stopped in Savannah on the way home and made a trip to Primary Art Supplies, since I wanted to get some Jacquard Acid Dyes. Well, at least I thought that is what they had. Come to find out, they had everything but... they had direct application dyes, silk dyes and Procion MX dyes, even the liquid concentrate, but alas, not the acid dyes. I guess I am the only oddball around wanting to dye wool. Yeah, something's wrong with this picture. I play with wool in 100 degree weather. There now, I've confessed! But hmm... the silk dyes looked very nice and were already in liquid form, and I've not tried dyeing silk yet. Maybe that will be my next big experiment.

When I got back home, I plied a little of the brown Jacob wool that I scoured, teased, carded and spun. It looks like it will actually be pretty nice. I have been practicing the long draw lately, and I think the yarn is going to look good. Also, I am currently knitting a pair of mock cable socks with the autumn colored Weaver's Wool that I got in Dahlonega.