Saturday, June 19, 2004

I am starting to have the urge to knit something totally mindless. Minimal counting, no shaping, etc. What is happening to me? Sometimes, I just crave the soothing qualities of repetitiveness, I guess. I am thinking maybe a simple triangular shawl. I am really not a scarf knitter, except for working with silk, and I don't have enough of that spun to do anything with yet. I spent part of yesterday afternoon trying to free up some of my bobbins. I plied some light and dark blue singles made from fiber I had blended on the drum carder. I really like this effect - it is sort of tweedy, without being muddy. I also am plying some more of my silk/angora/wool blend. I am just itching to start spinning the Blue Faced Leicester that I bought in Dahlonega. It seems to be very well prepared, and I think I could make a beautiful shawl or ruana out of it. I have been wanting to make a ruana forever. In fact, I have a green woven one, and it is that particular item that prodded me into doing fiber art. (Granted, I am not weaving, and don't plan to take it up, but I just loved the feel of the wool, etc).

Well, it's time to go downstairs and get ready to go to the bridal shower. This is the first time I have every been invited to a shower in the morning, so it should be interesting.