Thursday, June 17, 2004

Congested weekend ahead

Do you ever have everything pile up together in a heap? Granted, I am notorious for being a "last minute" person, but it seems to be getting worse the older I get. This weekend I have a bridal shower to attend, 2 gifts to select and run out and buy, a meal to prepare for a family going through a hard time and nursery duty on Sunday at church. I admit I am guilty of thinking about this stuff too much, agonizing over what gifts to buy, etc., but I am already tired just thinking about what all I have to do.

Bess was commenting yesterday about "brain fog." It seems that happens to me all of the time lately. It is very frustrating, and fighting against it does not even seem to help. I have a very detail oriented job which requires a lot of reading and making subjective decisions, so usually by the time the work day is over, my brain is on overload. It is aggravating when you are used to having your mind serve you well, and then, all of a sudden, it doesn't. I suppose that is one of the reasons that most of my blog content is about my knitting and spinning. I truly enjoy writing about the hobbies I am passionate about, but the creative juices do not flow easily for writing about much else.