Friday, February 20, 2004

Post Vest Let Down

All of a sudden, I find myself waffling about trying to decide what project to tackle next. Even the spinning is not coming easily. I had thought I wanted to start spinning the pink Wensleydale, but after spinning a few yards, I found myself wondering: 1) What am I ever going to make with this, 2) Will it be soft enough for a "next to skin" item and 3) Will I be able to bring out the halo in this fiber? Of course, I could have just been tired ... spinning just did not seem to be my cup of tea tonight.

I only have enough of the vest yarn left to perhaps do sock cuffs, and I have some grey sock yarn to do the heels, but I am going to have to think of some other yarn for the feet. The 2-ply of this fiber is making a totally different pattern than the 3 ply did, but it is very pleasing. I really wish I had enough to do the whole pair in this yarn. Unfortunately, I cannot obtain any more of the fiber in that particular colorway. I guess I could always go back to the dyepot.

Did anyone else see this word puzzle a couple of weeks back in the USA Weekend Supplement? (I will post the answer in a day or so - I could not figure it out on my own, but kicked myself when I found out the answer)

WOWOLFOL