Sunday, February 01, 2004

Aggravating, but worth the effort..... I hope. I am spinning my 2nd 8 ounces of wool needed for the Sakiori Vest I am working on. Each bag of fiber was 8 oz. The first bag spun up fine, no problems. The second bag is spinning up okay, but dye is coming off on my hands like crazy! Apparently the people who dyed the fiber did not wash it enough or used too much dye in the first place. This is the first time I have ever had dye come off on my hands. I have never even had that problem when I dyed my own. So, I spin awhile, then go wash tons of burgundy goo off my hands. Maybe I should throw some undyed fiber in the sink as I am washing my hands..... giggle!

In knitting news, I have joined Sarah's Handspun Soxalong I am going to do a pair of handspun felted slipper socks. The yarn is in a green and yellow colorway.

I was playing around last night, and made myself a blog button. It is in the sidebar with the blogroll. It's not perfect, but at least I have the general idea how to do it now. The background is part of a sheep's fleece.