Friday, December 19, 2003

What a totally blissful morning! First day of a long vacation (I will return to work after New Years), a day with no pressing obligations, a warm, cozy house, silk wound into a center pull ball and ready to be turned into an eyelet rib scarf!
My flu has finally stopped ravaging my senses, and I feel ready, ready, ready for Christmas! I still have a bit of shopping to do, but not enough to feel hurried or harried over it and some groceries to buy. I have plenty of gift wrapping, which I have put off, but will be a joy to do, once I get into it. DS is returning today from a visit to his girlfriend and family.

Last night, after work, we had supper on the waterfront in downtown Savannah before returning home. We had a lovely dinner with a view of the river. There was a boat cruising by that was all decked out in lights! It had a sleigh, animated reindeer and a huge Merry Christmas sign on it. I have never seen anything quite like it and added such a nice touch to a marvelous dinner!

In knitting news, I have a Booga Bag ready to felt, once I wade through this weeks laundry, which has piled up from us being out of town. I cannot wait to see the results.