Wednesday, December 03, 2003

Here's what's cooking on the needles now...... I am doing a wavy ribbed scarf in Kureyon. The yarn is muted browns and greys. I was not sure how much "fun" this would be, since I love the bright colors, but I am am really enjoying this and imagining different breeds of sheep or other fiber animals as the colors change. This is a not so secret Christmas present, as the receiver is seeing me work on this, but does not know who it is for or even what it is going to be. I have had this project on the back burners of my mind for over a year and am glad to see it is finally becoming reality.

In spinning news, I am still spinning some handpainted Brown Sheep Roving (type of wool not specified by supplier), which has wonderful reds, oranges and blues and is wonderfully springy to the touch after being plied. I can see this yarn as making a spectacular vest. I also "test spun" some of the mohair/merino mix I carded together, trying to make a loosely spun single. I think this is going to be beautiful, so I will keep working on pulling the trash out of the dyed mohair.

I work today, but will go in late, as I have a dental appointment a little later this morning. This is going to be an interesting situation, since I have a broken molar, which the dentist thinks he will be able to fix only by redoing my filling - I was really expecting to have to get a crown - if this works, I will be so happy!