Saturday, July 17, 2004

Yes! Well, I see that Blogger has fixed whatever was wrong with my edit screen. I have gotten so used to using Safari as a browser, I was really dreading going back to Explorer. I am liking Safari better all the time - for one thing, you don't get any pop up ads.

We had an adventure this afternoon. We went down to Florida to pick up some sections of fence that we had ordered to be built. Since we no longer have a truck, we borrowed our next door neighbor's trailer. We noticed on the way down there that it was squeaking some. Well, after the fence people had loaded 3 panels in the trailer, they noticed the squeak - the wheel bearing had gone out. Luckily, there was a place almost around the corner that was able to repair it. It was not looking good at first, since they did not have the proper part and did not think they would be able to locate one. But, an auto part chain DID have what was needed, so they fixed it and put us along on our way. It was sort of a slow process though, and the repair shop was one of these little "good ole boy" places with a TON of cars sitting around waiting to be fixed, no place to wait, except standing up outside under a little "tentish" affair with a greasy pavement to stand on. On top of that, one of our normal afternoon rainstorms decided to make an appearance about that time, sending swirls of greasy water lapping around our feet. Am I glad to be home? YES And wouldn't you know, this was the one day I did not bring any knitting with me.