Saturday, July 03, 2004

Here we go Loop de loo, here we go Loop de la!

I thought I was an avowed user of DPNs exclusively for knitting socks. I never investigated knitting socks on 2 circulars. It just did not grab me and sounded like more trouble than it would be worth.
Thursday, I picked up the booklet The Magic Loop and a 40 inch cable for my Denise Needles. Last night I sat down to try it out, and I must confess, I am already totally addicted to it. I have started a pair of Fixation socks, which will work out with the pattern in the book fine and will tolerate the size 5 circ I am working with. I cannot believe what a simple concept it is, and best of all, no dropping one of those DPNs in the car, etc!! So what am I up to this morning? Going to run over to the island to see if the LYS has either size 1 or 2 circs with LONG cables. (Keep your fingers crossed for me, will ya?)

I am still working on the Weaver's Wool socks - I am in the gusset decreases of sock #2.

A few hours later.......
I haven't been able to get into Photobucket to add pictures, but here is a link to the 2 pair of socks in progress. Also, I bought some frou frou yarn. I am like many and did not like the new Knitty, but did like the little sleep mask. I bought some pink Trendsetter Zucca and some EFF Park eyelash to make this project. I rarely ever buy frou frou, but I thought I would love to try this.

See My Photos