Friday, July 23, 2004

Made it my own...

That's what I call it when a technique finally "clicks" without my having to check a reference book. And yes, now I know what I am doing with the Magic Loop, even to the point of arranging stitches after turning the heel. Whoo Hoo! I'm happy about that . Now, if I could just get hold of some decent size 1 circs, I would be extra pleased. The set I have right now is Susan Bates, and while they are okay, they definitely are not my first choice for knitting. I guess next I will have to tackle doing 2 of them at the same time. I have printed directions, but have not studied them yet. For one thing, my cables are only 24 inches, which is working fine for one sock, but I am not so sure it would work well for 2 socks at once.

In spinning news, I two-plied some of my cocoa bluefaced leicester. What wonderful yarn it makes! The kind you want to just hold and stroke! Yum! I am trying to do more 2-ply in order to work on making my singles more consistent and to refine my plying skills. 3-ply hides a multitude of sins that 2 ply will not.