Friday, May 07, 2004

Too hot to knit today. Well, at least outside it is. #1 son, Phillip, came in from school in Savannah and wanted to go over to the island to do some sketching. I took my knitting with me and practically burned up. Miss Weather Pixie says its 90 degrees here, but she must not be counting the heat index. It's nice to be back in the cool house. I finished my "Now You See It" hat. The pattern shows up very well. The only bad part is that it really turned out too big. Oh well - it was mainly an exercise to see if I could do the illusion knitting, and hats look wretched on me... or should I say I look wretched in hats. It certainly isn't the poor hats' fault.

I have gradually had some time to play with some of my new loot. Blue/green/gold/silver silk is on one bobbin of the wheel. I have weaved a small bag on the Wee Weaver and figured out how to re do the warp on the small little loom, and in fact have improved on the method the vendor used to string it (at least I think it is an improvement.) I just wound my skein of mohair boucle' into a ball and will soon start a shawl from it.

My cranky camera failed the "new battery" test. The flash works, as does the preview screen (sometimes), but the camera absolutely refuses to take another picture.

My thanks to everyone who has posted their fabulous pictures of the festival.