Friday, May 21, 2004

New pictures. Adding teaser, then I must be off to the grocery store.



This new pair fits perfectly!! Another shot of the same:



Here is the Jacob wool after washing. Some teased wool is to the right. I also put some on the drum carder. It was faster, but also messier - lots of trash, etc. fell out while teasing it, so I think it's best I do the teasing outside.



Here is the first skein of yarn spun on the Golding Drop Spindle. It definitely is nowhere near what I can do on a wheel (technically and quantity wise). Hmm... this will take lots of practice! You may be seeing a lot more of my pelican "model". He is perfect for showing off skeins. This skein has not yet been washed.



And last, but not least, part of my "Yarniverse." The colored skein is what I entered in the Maryland Sheep and Wool - my "also ran", and the white is some newly spun Falkland wool.