Sunday, October 26, 2003

Well, I am taking a deep breath and finally jumping into to cold water of blogging.

Why do I call it "cold water"? Simply because it is a painful experience for me to look back on former writings, diary entries, etc. without feeling like I am just a little bit stupid, addled or both.

However, after reading other blogs about the fiber arts, I am feeling the need to create a written record of the journey I am taking into the fiber arts.

And after all, I am just me. I figure either you will like me and visit often or consign me to the outer limits of cyberspace.

Sooooooo...... a little bit about myself.
I am a gal caught somewhere in the fuzzy time period of an empty nester. I have one "sweetheart" of a son, who is in graduate school and a wonderful husband who is supportive (and even enabling) of my severe fiber addiction. I live in the very southern part of Georgia, where knitting and spinning are mostly foreign words to the general population. I became interested in knitting a little over 2 years ago and found I could not put down the needles. About 9 months later, I stuck my hands and feet into the spinning pool. Now I am so far immersed, I am practically drowning!

I hope to chronicle my various projects, sharing tips I have picked up along the way. Since I am new to the blogging thing, I am not sure about posting pictures, etc., yet. but would dearly love to incorporate this into my journal.

Thus, the journey begins...................