Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Sometimes anticipating is better than doing.

I finished spinning and plying all of my beautiful chocolate brown Bluefaced Leicester. Since I had been dying to spin up a sample of my oatmeal California Variegated Mutant, I launched right into that task. Imagine my disappointment when I discovered this roving has a lot of noils and vegetable matter in it! It looked so beautiful when I bought it, and I really did not notice all the VM, probably due to the color of the roving and the fact that it was packaged in bags. I think the best way to "clean" this out is to get out the dog comb. I hate to lose fiber, but I really want the "best" for this project I have planned, so comb I will, and lose some of the fiber in the process. Has anyone else any suggestions? The roving is rather thin, so I don't think running it through the air fluff setting on the dryer would be suitable.

Well, off to experiment!