Sunday, August 22, 2004

Much Ado About Dyeing

This blog is supposed to be about dyeing, too! I am sure you are thinking that I forgot that. Well, it is embarrassing to admit, but I hadn't done any dyeing since Easter... until this past Friday! Here is what I came up with using a mixture of Indigo and Plum Gaywool dyes. This is Falkland wool, and the roving performed like a dream. It is still just as soft as it was in its undyed state, and it did not felt one little bit. Nice, luxury fiber. Anyhow, here's the picture:



I am looking forward to a great couple of weeks after I get Monday and Tuesday's work out of the way. The latter part of the week, we leave for a 10 day vacation to Williamsburg and surroundings. I am planning on making a detour to Murfreesboro, NC to visit The Woolery. And the following Monday, I am getting to meet with the lovely and talented Bess for lunch and a fun filled fiberly day at the yarn shop and perhaps some spindling. Fiber people are just the best!