Friday, August 06, 2004

How I spent my day

Up early, as we took our son to the airport at the crack of dawn. He is visiting a friend in Massachussets for a week. Back home in time to catch Knitty Gritty. Pretty interesting show, even though it was about kids knitting. I like the shows with famous knitters! Then, off to a friend's house to help her brush up on her knitting skills. She had mentioned she had been "up north" and got some fabulous buys on yarn. Little did I know that she had been shopping at Patternworks! She had a catalog, which she passed on to me, since she is "now on the mailing list." Whoo hoo! A lot of serious browsing is ahead.

Well, call me insane, but I did start the 2 socks at a time on one circular needle. I think I am going to call this pair "double trouble." So far, I am only working the cuffs, so it is rather smooth sailing, Looks like it may get considerably more tricky after the heel flaps are knitted. Stay tuned to see if Carolyn is going to see this project through to the end!